Autonomous Vehicle Test Operator ($20/hr)
Posting ID: JP-002661422
Would you like to work with ground-breaking technology? Are you as comfortable behind the wheel as you are with a computer? As an AV Test Operator, you will help us test and improve the performance of our driverless cars. You will tackle hard problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications. You should have strong attention to detail, basic technical skills, and an excellent driving record. Integrity, good judgment, and the ability to work in a team environment are required at all times. You will be expected to keep certain project details confidential.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work in teams, alternating (i) driving (some manual driving but primarily monitoring the vehicle's behavior in autonomous mode and taking over when necessary) and (ii) software monitoring and logging responsibilities and providing verbal feedback/directions about the AVs environment.
- Complete timely and detailed ride reports for our operations and engineering teams
- Participate in the ongoing training of new AV Test Operators
- Test other aspects of our robot cars
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed
- Licensed to drive a motor vehicle in the U.S. for the three years immediately preceding your application and currently hold an active Arizona Basic Class C driver's license or license encompassing Class C vehicles.
- No more than one point on driving record and excellent driving skills
- Ability to drive and/or spend time sitting in a car for 6-8 hours/day
- Ability to give and receive clear, prompt, understandable verbal and written communication
- Ability to accurately type and read on a laptop in a moving vehicle
- Ability to safely operate the vehicle in accordance with Cruise safety protocols and applicable law. This includes, but is not limited to, having a sufficient range of motion to turn a steering wheel, safely operating the accelerator and brake, checking blind spots and evaluating the environment, and maintaining appropriate air bag clearance.
- Ability to tolerate physical jolts and high speed starts, stops, turns, and maneuvers associated with driving or taking control of the autonomous vehicle in both training and daily job functions
- Ability to perform physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operational tasks
- Ability to work effectively and professionally in a stressful environment, including interactions with the public
- Ability to remain alert and extremely focused for two-hour uninterrupted blocks of time
- Ability to walk up and down flights of stairs
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements to become an AV Test Operator (13 CCR 227.34)
- 40 hours per week, five consecutive days, 8-hour shifts.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072