Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Planning Coordinator
Posting ID: JP-002656664
Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Planning Coordinator Needed!
Great Location - Downtown Phoenix!
This position serves as a sr. subject matter expert and is responsible for assisting the Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) Planning Manager for the contingency and recovery planning, development, execution, and day-to-day management of our Payment Operations BC/DR strategy program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists the Payment Operations Manager and the BC/DR Manager with project management, monitoring, and coordination of procedures used to evaluate and control continuity risk. Partners with the BC/DR Analyst in a sr. expert capacity on the maintenance of a sound continuity-focused, operational risk management framework.
- Maintain the business impact analysis that identifies and prioritizes business functions, departments, processes, dependencies, applications, and other factors that define the business and IT processes in the applicable region or assigned business units.
- Perform risks assessments for both internal functions and vendor controls that address the specific business continuity and disaster recovery risks and incorporate into the overall IT and enterprise risk ratings and architecture.
- Perform gap analysis of documented business continuity and disaster recovery strategies to actual recovery scenarios and revise plans accordingly
- Manage and perform in business continuity and disaster recovery tests including, but not limited to, call tree exercises, testing policies/procedures, tabletop walkthroughs, functional tests, integrated tests, workspace recovery, pandemic, vendor related and crisis management exercises. Assist in documenting actual event recovery and provide incident analysis to management.
- Develop, analyze and finalize documented business continuity and disaster recovery plans that address the recovery needs of the enterprise that include all necessary components as required by regulatory requirements and generally accepted practices. Participate and contribute to emergency management plans, training and awareness initiatives, incident response plans, crisis communications, and workspace recovery in line with the needs of the enterprise
- Provide revisions to the BC/DR plans and testing program based upon changes in business operations, audit recommendations, business and application impact analysis, and risk assessments based on process changes and test results. Support and contribute to plans, documentation, deliverables, and recommended improvements for all projects involving the BC/DR Team.
- Use of business continuity and disaster recovery planning tools including, but not limited to, automated notification systems (i.e. Everbridge) and business continuity management planning software (i.e. RPX, LDRPS) with all associated modules as they relate to risk assessment, business impact analysis, crisis management, and other BC/DR services
- Support the BC/DR aspect of various audits, assessments, etc. to ensure that all outstanding findings and gaps are resolved by IT and the business. Monitor the effectiveness of corrective actions and recommending cost-effective preventive measures to preclude recurrences
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Business Management, or seven years of related experience required
- Three to five years’ of related experience in the Banking or Financial Service industry required (over five years preferred).
- Experience in funds transfer operations is preferred. Experience in both USD and International funds transfer leveraging Fedwire and SWIFT systems is highly desirable.
- Knowledge & skills typically resulting from five to seven years’ related experience in Crisis Management and Business Continuity and Disaster Continuity Planning required.
- Experience in supervising small groups of (1-5) employees preferred
- Certified training in business continuity and/or disaster recovery solutions and practices a plus (i.e. CBCP, ABCP, CBCI, BCCP, CBRM, CBRITP, etc.)
Please apply if interested!
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072