Sr. Digital Business Analyst
Posting ID: JP-002172023
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The CommonSpirit Health Digital and Human Experiences team is looking for an experienced Senior Digital Business Analyst who has proven outcomes in supporting delivery of consumer-focused web and native mobile products and services to provide an intensely positive and personalized integrated experience for consumers and patients while streamlining operational, clinical and administrative workflows. This position is responsible for translating business context and requirements into features and work that can be implemented by agile software engineering teams in short sprints. This role is a part of the delivery team for some of CommonSpirit Health’s most strategic initiatives.
The Senior Digital Business Analyst will partner with various departments and market divisions within the organization to articulate and refine product vision and initiatives. This person will also be an integral member of the digital product team, as well as liaise with key subject matter experts, and leadership throughout the organization to provide vision, guidance and daily direction for engineering and integration efforts for portions of our portfolio of public facing digital products which provide our consumers and patients the ability to engage digitally with CommonSpirit Health. The portfolio spans the holistic healthcare journey while considering the needs and usability of our staff and clinical teams. This portfolio of work continues to grow and this role is critical for successful delivery of value to CommonSpirit Health.
A successful candidate will bring:
deep front and/or back office operational, clinical or administrative expertise to inform digital consumer-facing solutions that optimize business workflows in parallel to bring solutions that drive measurable business value. In addition, this candidate is experienced in agile methodologies and can illustrate proven success with products created by software engineering teams. This person also has a track record of great partnerships throughout an organization.
If you are smart and can demonstrate it, comfortable with rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty, naturally curious and focused on solutions, confident in expressing your point of view from a position of knowledge and experience while being receptive to feedback, open to revising plans when appropriate and importantly, "result driven" –you are the right person to apply.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Brings domain expertise of the business (marketing, clinic operations, back office operations, clinical, administrative, etc) relevant to expertise needed for the role
• Builds the holistic end-to-end business case for concepts, understanding and communicating the value levers and product cost
• Updates the business case based on feedback from the team
• Communicates with the team on how the product is evolving based on feedback from customers using product features and technical capabilities built by engineers
• Helps navigate the business to unlock value
• Partners with the Product Owner to understand, analyze, document and communicate program requirements
• Articulates product value throughout the organization, tracks appropriate KPIs as a foundation
• Collaborates closely with agile engineering teams to clarify product requirements and translate business requirements between user groups and engineers
• Partners with key stakeholders to articulate and refine product vision through rapid iteration process and negotiates with the business to clarify needs vs wants/likes to balance with engineering cost and risk
• Influences the Product Owner in product readiness, product completeness and user product criteria
• Breaks down and describe business needs into work supporting an iterative and incremental delivery model
• Wholly responsible to translate user requirements into features and work that can be implemented in short sprints
• Brings focus on user satisfaction, scale, adoption, product quality and time-to-market to the team
• Provides input to key outcome and measure definitions
• Coaches and mentors junior Digital Business Analysts including training for new Digital Business Analysts entering the team
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of contractors assigned to this job. May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• Six (6)+ years of experience leading teams and business solutions analysis projects or products
• Five (5)+ years of experience working in healthcare/medical environment
• Four (4)+ years of experience providing business analysis for software engineering teams
• Expert in SDLC, solid understanding of at least one methodology (Waterfall, Agile, etc)
• Bachelor’s Degree in programming, computer science, MIS or equivalent professional experience preferred
• Solid understanding of multiple agile methodologies preferred
Required Licensure and Certifications
• At least one (1) of the following preferred:
o IIBA®-Certified Business Analysis Professional (IIBA-CBAP)
o IIBA®-Agile Analysis Certification (IIBA-AAC)
o APMG International AgileBA
o ISQI® Certified Agile Business Analysis (CABA)
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
• Deep knowledge of (at least two) of the following areas in the healthcare space: marketing, clinic operations, registration and revenue cycle, clinical workflows, clinical and financial systems (EHRs, Practice Management systems, Registration and Billing systems), payer management, physician management, hospital operations, administration
• Ability to translate business outcomes into technical solutions and features in software development
• Strong communicator, able to negotiate with the business to clarify needs vs. wants/likes to balance with development cost and risk
• Ability to break down and describe business needs into work supporting an iterative and incremental delivery model
• Established credibility with both business stakeholders and developers, ability to strongly partner and liaise with/between healthcare departments and technical teams
• Master communicator
• Master negotiator
• Familiar with metrics and measurements typically seen in various departments of the healthcare organization
• Master of continuous improvement methodologies and techniques
• Experience in agile software delivery methods
• Takes initiative and acts without waiting for direction
• Encompasses natural leadership qualities
• Analyzes problems utilizing systematic processes
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
This position is critical for driving Search & Schedule Expansion and Virtual Scheduling, and additional Virtual initiatives. This role is also critical for successful business partnerships at a Leadership level. In addition, we expanded the development
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072