Posting ID: JP-002665011
Your role will be to work with optical and mechanical engineers to design, document, and prototype opto-mechanical systems. You will also be responsible for development of tooling and processes to transfer the resulting product designs to manufacturing. The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented self starter with excellent engineering and organizational skills.
solidworks, mechanical engineering
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- BS or MS degree or higher and minimum of 5 years experience
- 5-10 years of mechanical design experience using 3D CAD software, SolidWorks preferred, and experience creating part drawings for production
- Tolerance analysis, Finite Element Analysis and GD&T
- Familiarity with 3D printing technology and applications
- Opto-mechanical design experience strongly preferred
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in an engineering team
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072