Job Search & More
Finance Business Analyst
Posted Friday, July 7, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003891558
Industry: Financial Business Analyst
Employment Type: Contract
Location: New Westminster, BC
Working with an extensive client base, Aston Carter is seeking a Financial Business Analyst for this reporting team.
Benefits of the Role:
- Work environment is 90% remote - come in once every 2 weeks, every other Wednesday
- Crown corporation
- Team environment
- Great resume builder
- Flexible scheduling
A Day in the Role:
Current state, the team needs someone with working knowledge of using Access Database, SQL, working with large Excel files, pulling information from Azure using SQL, and putting reports to capture information out of Infor.
In terms of a job description, this is a bit of an adhoc position so we don’t have anything formal – key tasks we’re planning for the role during the timeframe include:
- Preparation of a monthly consolidated project cashflow forecast report. This process requires the consolidation of ~200 excel cashflow submission files, then for it to flow through access and azure databases in order to prepare the monthly report.
- Review & streamlining of above project forecasting process to simplify, identify efficiencies, and reduce risk of error. The compilation of data has been largely automated but there are still areas for potential improvements/efficiencies.
- Reviewing & performing enhancements to reports/files across the capital asset group to adapt them to our new ERP system.
- General maintenance and improvements of excel models utilized across the capital asset finance team.
- 2+ years of experience working with large data sets and process improvements for reporting, streamlining/documentation of processes, and troubleshooting systems
- Strong communication working with finance and stakeholders across the organization (PMs, high-level stakeholders)
- Excel working with power queries and creating macros
- Financial systems – Infor
- Working with forecasting and financial tools
- Quick to pick up work and scope
- Working in a changing and undefined environment
- To apply, please provide your updated resume.
- The Aston Carter talent acquisitions team will reach out to you to discuss next steps in 10 business days.
Recruiter: Gabriel Guese