Workers Compensation Assistant
Posted Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003778594
When necessary, assist with contacts and replies for examiner so that appropriate decisions can be made
• Communicate with internal and external business partners regarding claims, payments and status’
• Maintain active file diaries to ensure delegated tasks are completed.
• Develop an understanding of jurisdictional benefit rates and payment deadlines to ensure compliance with state timeframes.
• Accurate documentation of claim activity within file notes
• Produce quality documentation in an accurate and timely manner i.e. benefit notices, nurse and legal referrals, record requests, settlement documents.
• Respond timely and appropriately to internal and external customers on claim related issues
• Adhere to state regulations for CA (and possibly CO, UT and AZ)
• Collaborate with appropriate resources to timely resolve issues
Technical Skills & Competencies:
• Superior customer service showcasing verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting information.
• Effective time management skills which demonstrate the ability to multi-task and prioritize by accomplishing tasks and assignments
• Strong organizational skills
• Adaptability to constantly evolving environments and demonstrable flexibility which meets or exceeds a state requirement or a customer’s expectation
• Bilingual abilities (spoken and/or written) are not required but are certainly a +
• Ability to work independently and efficiently while performing defined functions with minimal errors
• Proficient computer skills and extensive knowledge of the Microsoft suite of Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of state EDI systems and or IAIABC practices a plus.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Prior clerical and technical experience in researching and indexing data are preferred but not required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
• Experience in a fast paced, fluid environment
• Strong communication and telephonic skills
• Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus but not required
• Knowledge of bill processing is a plus but not required
• Knowledge of claim handling is a plus but not required
Entry Level 1-2 years of relevant experience
Recruiter: Fatima Clark