Data Analyst, E-Commerce Risk - USDS
Posted Friday, April 28, 2023
Please apply to the role directly to TikTok through the link here: https://careers.tiktok.com/position/7210132888758323514/detail
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
At TikTok, we're committed to a process of continuous innovation and improvement in our user experience and safety controls. We're proud to be able to serve a global community of more than a billion people who use TikTok to creatively express themselves and be entertained, and we're dedicated to giving them a platform that builds opportunity and fosters connection. We also take our responsibility to safeguard our community seriously, both in how we address potentially harmful content and how we protect against unauthorized access to user data.
U.S. Data Security (“USDS”) is a standalone department of TikTok in the U.S. This new security-first division was created to bring heightened focus and governance to our data protection policies and content assurance protocols to keep U.S. users safe. Our focus is on providing oversight and protection of the TikTok platform and user data in the U.S., so millions of Americans can continue turning to TikTok to learn something new, earn a living, express themselves creatively, or be entertained. The teams within USDS that deliver on this commitment daily span Trust & Safety, Security & Privacy, Engineering, User & Product Ops, Corporate Functions and more.
- Apply investigational skills to monitor, audit, and analyze potential high risk cases and produce root cause analysis report with value-added risk mitigation suggestions
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, and the engineering team to evaluate the efficiency of existing tools, processes, and policies related to fraud management
- Understand the trends and intelligence of high risk activities in each local market and build intelligence systems to manage risk
- Define key performance metrics and build detailed reporting models for effective tracking, reporting, and feedback on measures implemented
- Drive process implementation and improvement that streamlines the determination of sellers, product listings, creators, and their content
- Communicate findings and complex results to key stakeholders and manage timeline of projects
-Bachelor's degree or above with a background in Computer Science, Business Analytic, Math, Statistics, or related field - 2+ years experience in data analysis
-Strong correlation skills with ability to work through complex and unfamiliar data sets and able to derive the characteristics of different scenarios
- Comfortable in a matrix organization and driving cross-functional and cross-regional collaborations
- Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies in data - Experience with SQL and analytical tools (SAS, R, Python) is a must
- Experience with AI and machine learning is a plus
- Familiarity with risk and fraud in Ecommerce fields is a strong plus
- Past experience working in a global market is highly preferred
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at USRC@tiktok.com.
【For Pay Transparency】Compensation Description (annually)
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $106400 - $232222 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
At ByteDance/TikTok our benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support ByteDancers to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off(PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.
Recruiter: Michael Jawarish
Phone: (410) 579-3072