Senior Systems Engineer
World Wide Technology
Posted Saturday, January 7, 2023
Posting ID: 5000916439500
- Provide technical leadership for various projects to meet goals and timelines.
- Design technical solutions to address project requirements.
- Understand the architecture of the virtual environment and make recommendations and changes that will provide enhancements.
- Develops advanced technical solutions for the management of networks, software, hardware, configurations, and architectures.
- Troubleshoots highly complex system hardware and software issues.
- Develops training materials for end users on the proper use of hardware and software.
- Develops implementation plans for software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Monitors and tunes systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by implementing standard software and hardware solutions.
- Leads efforts to ensure data/media recoverability by following a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Conducts advanced hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops performance and security plans for computers that meet the needs of network users.
- Evaluates existing systems and plans long-term strategies.
- May coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals.
- May serve as a team or task lead.
Prefer a Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI level access. Must have clearance (and relevant certifications) prior to start in role. Must be able to obtain TS/SCI eventually.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Health, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently abled
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.
Job Number: #23-0029
Posting Locations:San Diego, California
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072