HYBRID Utility Drafter
Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003776918
A CAD Technician II (DD2) is a competent member of a drafting team contributing in daily assigned tasks as directed by the Sr. team lead. Tasks include supporting the team in drafting redlines from planners, processing surveyed bases into final drawings, supporting entry-level CAD operators, creating circuit and vicinity maps and communicating well with superiors, office personnel, clients and subordinates.
Will be working with AutoCad building base maps from surveys. Will process them, clean them up, put dimensions on them, apply Edison standards. Once drafting is done, will be converted to AUD. Receive redlines from planning department and put into AUD.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Able to take direction from the team lead.
• Understands and is able to apply the Southern California Edison drafting standards and regulations with reasonable accuracy.
• Able to accurately interpret and utilize civil plans in order to incorporate the utility information into their drawings.
• Can complete tasks in reasonable time with good quality/accuracy.
• Project experience with electric, telecom, oil & gas, and water & sewer utilities.
• Ability to research and navigate online mapping services such as Google Maps and to utilize field photos in order to verify drawing accuracy.
• Ability to interpret planner redlines and to communicate well with planners.
• Able to accurately track and record daily tasks for timekeeping.
autocad, drafting, AUD, electrical, gis, base maps, survey, drawing, mapping software, civil, Design, Telecom, Right of way, utility design, autolisp programming
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Has a basic grasp of AutoCAD 2013 or newer and preferably, though not required, 2+ years of experience with the AutoCAD software.
• Has a good grasp of general civil drafting practices.
• Good communication skills.
- Being able to keep up with the quick turnaround
• Proficient with AutoCAD 2013 or newer software with 4+ years of experience. Knowledge of creating AutoLISP routines is a plus, but not required.
• Has the ability to assist in leading a drafting team and is capable of training subordinates with the use of AutoCAD and related software along with the Southern California Edison drafting standards.
• Must have knowledge of general civil design drafting practices and Southern California Edison drafting standards.
• Proficient with AutoCAD 2013 or newer software with a minimum of 6 years of experience. Ability to create and modify AutoLISP routines is a plus, but not required.
• Has at least an Associate’s Degree or certificate which included CAD-related coursework.
• Has the ability to lead a drafting team and is capable of training subordinates in every aspect of their job (AutoCAD, other related software, drafting standards, etc.)
• Must be familiar with civil design drafting practices and the Southern California Edison drafting standards.
Recruiter: Savannah Davis