Phlebotomy PAYING UP TO $25
Posting ID: JP-002662011
- Performs capillary and venous specimen collections, taking into account the age-specific need and requirement of the patient and/or family.
- Greets patients in a courteous manner and responds to and interacts with patients with empathy and good interpersonal skills. As necessary registers patients with correct demographic and insurance information. Orders laboratory tests and processes specimens. Ensure proper identification of patients and labels specimens correctly with required information.
- Collects variety of specimens and instructs patients on proper specimen collection technique.
- Retrieves patient information from computer and inputs data related to specimen collection.
- Follows universal precautions for blood and body fluids to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Answers telephones and provides caller requested information via phone or fax.
- Processes referred laboratory tests and test results in accordance with established QVMC standards and HIPPA protected procedures.
- Responds to inquiries from patients, other Medical Center departments, physician offices and other clients in courteous and efficient manner.
- Manages printing and distribution of laboratory reports.
- Orders laboratory and office supplies.
Top Skills Details:
phlebotomy, blood draw, venipuncture
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Education: Coursework/Training - Completion of phlebotomy externship.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid California CPT I or CPT II (Certified Phlebotomy Technician) certificate.
Education: Coursework/Training - Completion of 6-month phlebotomy program.
1 year experience as a Phlebotomist.
1 year Clerical/receptionist experience.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072