Posting ID: JP-002661576
The Electrical Engineer will work on a small team (4-6 engineers) responsible for designing, assembling, debugging, and testing novel electromechanical, optomechanical, and metrology systems for prototype systems with micron- and nanometer-level precision for potential future products. Over the course of about two years, the same team will take the project through all phases of prototype design, analysis, fabrication, testing, and evaluation. Additionally, the Electrical engineer will be responsible for a variety of electronics, interfacing, control software, and embedded firmware tasks supporting a diverse group of about 20 researchers. Strong software skills and experience with digital and analog design, schematic and PCB layout, and embedded CPU or FPGA systems are required.
- MS in Electrical Engineering or similar field
- 2+ years’ experience
- Electronics design and assembly, including both digital and analog circuits
- Schematic capture, circuit design, and circuit simulation
- Demonstrated programming ability (C, C++, and Matlab preferred)
- Digital control systems
- Experience with integration, debugging, and evaluation of complex systems
- Excellent laboratory skills, including oscilloscope, conducting measurements, and post-processing experimental results
- Ability to work independently
Preferred Additional Skills and Experience
• Experience with electronic design of precision power-amplifiers
• FPGA programming skills
• PCB Layout experience (rigid and flex)
• C programming of real-time control systems
• Matlab proficiency
• Linux, especially with device drivers and kernel modules
• Realtime operating systems
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072