Posting ID: JP-002180125
** IMMEDIATE SR. DESIGN ENGINEERING OPPORTUNITY**
Client is hiring a Sr Design Engineer with proficient experience in Designing Motors for various aerospace & Defense applications. Long term direct hire need with primary experience being on Motor design, the mechanical packaging, Bearings, gears for compressors and actuators within an aircraft.
• Performs DC Brushed and Brushless Motor Design (Mechanical and Electrical), with types such as Frameless, Gear-motor and Brake-motor.
• Reviews customer motor RFQ and specifications, develops preliminary design concepts and prepares technical proposals for new business opportunities
• Prepares Design 3D models, 2D drawings, Bills of Materials (BOMs), and all design related documentation or reports.
• Performs tolerance stack-ups, fits and clearances, and stress, strain and flow calculations as required.
• Performs analytical and/or experimental testing as necessary to demonstrate soundness of the design.
• Works together with New Product Introduction team to ensure designs are efficient in performance, manufacture, cost and inspection
motor control design, design engineering, solidworks, gear, actuator, compressor
Top Skills Details:
motor control design,design engineering
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Must HAVE - Motor Design, SolidWorks experience,
• SolidWorks (highly preferred)
• MathCAD, Simulink or Equivalent Engineering Software Tools
• Motor Design Software such as ANSYS, SPEED, Flux 2D/3D
• GD&T per ASME Y14.5
• Stress Analysis – Linear. FEA experience is a plus
• Structural Mechanics - Fastening Methods, Torque Design, Material Selection, Bearing Design
• Machine Elements in Mechanical Design - Strength of Materials, Processing, Finish, etc.
• AS9100/ TS16949 Experience Preferred
** FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS POSTING**
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Haley Abels
Phone: (714) 481-2104