Job Search & More
Manager of Consumer Insights
Posted Thursday, January 18, 2024
Our retail client is a globally recognized lifestyle brand that thrives on creative expression and individuality. As a part of this brand, they are dedicated to delivering innovative products while staying true to our skateboarding and youth culture roots. Our client is seeking a dynamic and experienced Manager, Consumer Insights to join our team and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our products and brand campaigns.
The Manager, Consumer Insights will lead the Global product research program and brand campaign testing capabilities. In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, internal and external partners, and leverage your expertise in market research to provide actionable insights. Your primary goal will be to optimize product and brand creative executions, ensuring positive in-market performance.
Collaboration and Research Design:
- Translate business questions into research designs, analytic plans, and customized reports in collaboration with business partners and team members.
- Engage with data and market research providers to ensure the brand receives necessary inputs for ongoing analysis.
Influence and Stakeholder Communication:
- Serve as an influencer with business partners, representing the voice of the consumer through compelling storytelling.
- Facilitate implications and recommendations to key decision-makers and stakeholders.
Global Product Insights and Brand Creative Testing:
- Lead and manage the delivery of global product insights through qualitative and quantitative research across all regions.
- Lead and manage the delivery of Brand Creative Testing through qualitative and quantitative research across key regions.
How You Will Do It:
- Ensure familiarity with marketing goals, seasonal campaign plans, and priorities.
- Coordinate and manage external and internal partners along all stages of the go-to-market process.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with external vendors, managing contracts, timelines, deliverables, and budget allocation.
- Translate insights into clear, actionable recommendations for stakeholders across the organization.
- Effective stewardship of the brand’s product testing capability program.
- Continual improvement in product in-market performance through optimization of product, assortment, and marketing.
- Codified process for creative evaluation and optimization to enhance brand reach, relevance, and resonance.
- Recognition as the brand’s trusted go-to expert for product testing research and brand campaign testing.
Skills for Success:
- 5+ years of related professional experience.
- Deep experience with custom research (qualitative & quantitative) in support of product innovation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to build cross-functional relationships.
- Proficiency with SPSS, Desktop Reporter, or other statistical packages.
- Experience in the retail or FMCG/consumer goods industry.
- Experience managing external vendors and cross-functional projects.
- Understanding of global and regional team dynamics and the go-to-market process.
- Familiarity with the MarTech/AdTech landscape.
Educational Requirements: A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are beneficial, but we prioritize total experience and professional achievements.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $50.99 to $56.66 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
About Aquent Talent:
Aquent Talent connects the best talent in marketing, creative, and design with the world’s biggest brands
Our eligible talent get access to amazing benefits like subsidized health, vision, and dental plans, paid sick leave, and retirement plans with a match. We also offer free online training through Aquent Gymnasium. More information on our awesome benefits!
Aquent is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We’re about creating an inclusive environment—one where different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, and everyone can contribute, grow their careers, and thrive.
Recruiter: Amber Khan
Phone: (410) 579-3072