System Programmer (Mainframe - Infrastructure)
Posting ID: JP-002198547
1) Provide z/OS operating system (V2.4, parallel sysplex) support for two CICS / DB2 mainframes (along with associated disaster recovery) - processing 30+ million CICS transactions / day.
2) Be proficient with capacity and performance topics, including but not limited to SMF records, MXG reporting, WLM, and OMEGAMON.
3) Build and support automation to prevent, resolve or detect problems. Be proficient in REXX (z/OS or z/VM).
4) Perform standard system programming including hardware configuration, installation & maintenance, and vendor software installations in the IBM mainframe environment.
5) Support storage management, performance tuning, capacity planning, security, networking and operating procedures.
6) Work with technical, operations and application development staff to enhance the mainframe environment.
7) Participate in software deployments and various support functions as defined by the department manager.
8) Possess interpersonal skills needed to foster good relations with business and development users.
Employee Qualifications (knowledge, education, skills, abilities of an ideal candidate):
1) Minimum 5 years experience supporting IBM mainframe operating system environments.
2) Proven experience in administering related software products, including installing maintenance and new releases.
3) Excellent communication skills, able to write and present complex technical topics.
4) Demonstrated experience with SMP/E, HCD, ServerPac, TSO/ISPF, SMF and RMF.
5) Familiarity with CICS, DB2 and WebSphere MQ.
6) Strong customer service and follow-up skills.
1) Experience with the mainframe z/VM operating system, and Linux.
2) Ability to learn new software and technologies.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072