Posting ID: JP-002664892
The Logistics Specialist will be joining the Global Supply Chain team for our clients Emeryville offices in a key support role associated with production
support, product sales, and delivery. The candidate will coordinate shipments of samples, raw materials and final products through our 3PLs. The
ideal candidate for this position is organized, diligent, and displays excellent customer service skills. This position requires the ability to execute daily
tasks/requests with accuracy and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
● Carrying out the distribution of requested material according to production schedule
● Initiate and coordinate all shipments between warehouses, customers, and CMOs via domestic/international carriers and 3PLs following all legal,
compliance, and other requirements
● Use of ERP and other software systems to transact shipments
● Interface directly and effectively with 3PLs/CMOs (including overseas in Europe and Asia) by e-mail and telephone
● Examine, sort, arrange, count, store, pick, and pack items for storage and/or distribution
● Verify the quality and quantity of materials received against BOL/Packing Lists. Investigate and reconcile all discrepancies.
● Operates various items of light and/or heavy equipment as appropriate for logistics services such as forklifts, hand trucks and/or lifting equipment
● Assisting in support tasks and projects to keep the Shipping and Receiving areas organized and supplied efficiently
● Comply with all company, environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
● Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with teams and customers
● Other duties as assigned
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
● 5+ years in supply chain logistics, preferably related to chemicals, manufacturing or cold chain
● Certification with Hazardous Materials / Dangerous Goods handling and shipping (IATA DGR/IMDG/DOT 49 CFR)
● Experience interacting with 3rd Party Logistics Companies and International Carriers
● Proficient in MS Office applications, web meeting tools, and Google cloud-based office applications
● Experience with various software applications such as SAP, NetSuite, or Salesforce with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
● Must have a valid California Driver’s License
● Demonstrated ability to succeed in tasks that require attention to detail
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Satoshi Chaffin