Posting ID: JP-002484589
The Materials Manager is responsible for controlling the inventory, scheduling, movement and tracking of purchased and manufactured parts and raw material; shipping and receiving of materials. This position is responsible for purchasing and the on-time delivery of all orders as well as maintaining appropriate controls on inventory levels and cost controls.
· Purchase of supplies for production, maintenance, metals and office supplies required for each department.
· Work in collaboration of Expeditor with shipping duties.
· Generate Certification packs and schedule logistics for pickups.
· Receive and log shipments.
· Issue materials and prioritize saw cutting- along with sales and production be able to coordinate and prioritize saw cutting.
· Work to reduce purchasing costs by negotiating strategic buys with key supplier accounts and execute other creative purchasing approaches to reduce total costs
· Ability to follow a set work schedule with minimal absences and tardies and work overtime as business dictates.
· Remain continuously cognizant of supplier delivery performance.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072