Human Resources Specialist
Posting ID: JP-002484667
Human Resources Specialist
Performs a variety of general personnel/clerical tasks in such areas as employee records, benefits, education/training, employment, compensation, and equal employment opportunity. Maintains both manual and automated personnel records, collects and compiles sensitive and confidential personnel statistics and prepares reports. In accordance with procedures, furnishes information to authorized persons and/or agencies. Provides information to all levels of employees regarding personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintain employee personnel files both electronic and paper
- Compose Human Resources policies and procedures/work instructions as necessary
- Communicate with external vendors/agencies as needed to meet department and organizational goals
- Provide and Complete Employment Verifications as necessary
- Process and maintain all employee status changes
- Process FMLA claims
- Process work compensation claims
- Assists with recruiting and staffing to include coordinating interviews, assessment test facilitation, background checks, ensure DOT compliance of new hires, onboarding new hires in HRIS platform
- Communicate with staffing agencies the need for resources as well as performs regular maintenance of agency employees including onboarding, ending assignments, assigning timecards
- Conduct or assists with new hire orientation
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation
- Processing employment/DOT verifications and EDD benefit audits
- Run weekly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports
- Order office supplies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience Human Resources experience
- Proficient in MS Office to include PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, and Excel
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (not required)
- Knowledge of California Labor Laws
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072