Posting ID: JP-002665279
Sierra, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
- Prepare reports and sorts and files documentation
- Assist management in forecasting sales demands to maximize production efficiencies
- Prepare and issue daily production schedules to minimize inventory levels while maximizing product availability and customer satisfaction
- Manage the location and life of all molds and works with management on annual mold purchases
- Prepare and issues purchase orders and change notices
- Review purchase order claims and contracts
- Assist accounting department in verifying pricing and receipts of purchased products
- Contact suppliers on adjustments, incorrect materials/supplies, delivery delays, etc.
- Schedule inbound delivery dates and negotiate freight payment terms
- Issue purchase orders and receive product into Lawson
- Determine optimal manufacturing and purchasing volumes based on historical usage and current level in stock
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
- Organize and maintains file systems, and files correspondence and other records
- Maintain group calendar for employee vacation schedules
- Conduct safety orientations with visitors
- Order and maintain supplies and arrange for equipment maintenance
- Provide support for assigned department(s)
- Develop and grow internal and external customer relationships for the purpose of improving company's growth
- Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports
- Some A/P & A/R filing and file maintenance
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
excel database, scheduling planning
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least one year of office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of basic office equipment (phone, fax, copier, 10-key)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees, peers, supervisors, vendors and customer is an effective manner
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have problem-solving and reasoning skills
- Ability to perform advanced math calculations
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables with little or no structure
- Internal and external customer service oriented
- Ability to work independently
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Leo Largo