Rack Cable Technician
Posting ID: JP-002662326
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the physical racking and cabling of server equipment into
industrial server racks.
• This starts with the inspection and mechanical set-up of the cabinets, and finishes with the final inspection of a populated and dressed server cabinet, possibly including assisting in the
delivery of the cabinet to the customer site.
• System integration and rack stack and cabling skills required.
• Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
• Follows detailed written or verbal instructions, including visual aids.
• Assembly/Testing and Troubleshoot servers
• Follow supervisor's instruction and testing procedures
Testing Software, Linux, Solaris, PDU, Assembly, Trouble Shoot
Top Skills Details:
Testing Software,Linux,Solaris,PDU,Assembly,Trouble Shoot
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Good mechanical aptitude with experience using basic hand tools.
• Good 2 way communication skills, both in understanding verbal instructions
from a supervisor and reporting back any problems found during the
performance of job duties.
• High attention to detail, with the understanding that all requested tasks
are vital, regardless of perceived importance.
• Previous cable labeling, routing and bundling experience related to server
cabinet builds with multiple network bundles and in-rack power distribution.
• Self-motivated, multi-task team player
• Must be able and willing to lift light to moderate weights unassisted, and
moderate to heavy weights with assistance.
• Familiar with racking basic servers from SuperMicro, Intel, HP, Dell, IBM
• Familiar with racking Cisco, Arista, Juniper, Dell equipment
• Familiar with racking Servertech, APC equipment
• Employee to ensure high quality products are being produced on schedule.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Anthony Tovar