Job Search & More
Posted Wednesday, July 5, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003885070
Financial Counselor is responsible for meeting with patients regarding patient portion dues, collection and/or establishing a reasonable patient payment plan set aside by management according to policies. Financial counsel may also be required to resolve all assigned patient accounts assigned to them. May also be required to perform additional duties as assigned by management.
Responsibilities/Essential Functions (other duties as assigned):
• Works with patients to resolve billing collection questions.
• Ensures new patient demographics are entered into Centricity and updates new information on existing patients. Verifies all daily Medi-Cal eligibility and notes patient account in Varian and Centricity. Alerts billing of these changes. Works IVES/Relay Health daily.
• Reviews treatment plan: determines patient estimated costs. Concurs with Authorization Department with any treatment plans.
• Works patient portion to get resolution and/or arranges payment plan based on collection guidelines: SOC, new starts.
• Arranges payment plans based on collection guidelines: cash discounts and forms for administration review (PIFS).
• Refunds. Credit balance refunds/ preparation and submission for sign off and for check to be prepared. Logged on spreadsheet on G drive. Verify refund check, prepare mailing of refund check, and then document account in Centricity.
• Physician Dispensing. Oversee secondary payment posting in QS1. Resolves discrepancies for proper accounting
• Bank deposit; mail sorting
Accounts Receivable, Medical Billing, Collection, EOB, insurance claim, insurance follow up, insurance billing, denied claims, Medical Terminology, Insurance Verification, patient collections, HMO, PPO, Medi-cal, medicare insurance
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Clinical business training preferred
• Two to four years work experience in insurance authorizations, billing, and CPT coding preferred
• Current CPR certification required
• Knowledge of computer/telephony support, preferably in a health care environment
• Strong customer service background, preferably in health care environment
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Competence with computer processing functions and other standard office equipment
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• Ability to calmly and professionally resolve customer issues with diplomacy and tact
• Ability to work independently with
Recruiter: Maxwell Pasion-Gonzales