Sr. Manager, Vehicle Integration
Posting ID: JP-002423228
As the VA/PT Manager, you’ll be working with some of the industry’s brightest minds to:
- Work within the Vehicle Assembly and Powertrain departments in the Plant providing leadership to manufacture a world class product while achieving KPI targets in quality, cost, delivery, and safety.
- Safety first. Evaluate and monitor processes and people to ensure a safe working environment. Apply problem solving tools to eliminate actual and potential hazards.
- Support model manufacturing plan development and execution, including trials and launch of new equipment and tooling.
- Lead with a continuous improvement mentality.
- Create a safe, respectful, fair and professional work environment.
- Reinforce company policies and procedures.
- Learn and understand escalation process.
- Implement company Production System.
- Maintain close communications within the department and other departments for effective and efficient problem solving.
- Lead Uptime equipment strategies to assure operational excellence.
- Understanding of Preventative Maintenance strategies, activities, and monitoring metrics to manage current state as well as improve future state.
- Collaborate with engineering and maintenance as required to meet aforementioned goals with continuous process improvements; lead continuous improvement in manufacturing regarding safety, manpower utilization and efficiency, and ergonomics.
- Coach supervisors, line leaders and Team Members so they can grow and reach their maximum potential
Automotive, Vehicle attributes, Project management, Root cause analysis
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Business or manufacturing related discipline.
- Five or more years of related professional experience in an automotive plant shop floor environment or equivalent.
- Leadership Experience: Five or more years in a management role exhibiting leadership and providing direction to others.
- Proven knowledge + expertise, and passion for manufacturing assembly, technology, and people
- Top-notch leadership, management, communication, coaching, listening skills
- Strong familiarity with Lean Manufacturing, Problem Solving
- Proven expertise with start up operations and automotive assembly
- A diverse skillset including leadership, communication, problem solving, emotional intelligence, active listening, decision making, motivator (self and others)
- A wide range of experience with process design and validation, line balancing, MES, automation, training and certification
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal vision
- Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies
- A penchant for multi-tasking and self-starting
- A genuine fascination for the manufacturing field and a commitment to global change
- A true sense of determination… and hopefully a sense of humor
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072