Quality Assurance Technician
Posting ID: JP-002665146
NOW HIRING an QA Technician in Hayward!
Perform front line Plant Quality Assurance functions with responsibility for ensuring Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) programs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) policies are effectively and consistently carried out.
Quality assurance, HACCP, GMP, Food quality
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Understanding and experience of meat processing operations.
• Understanding food manufacturing policies and procedures, in compliance with Federal Drug Administration (FDA) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) federal, state and local requirements and standards pertinent to meat processing operations.
• Working understanding of other relevant federal, state and local requirements including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), General Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Standard operating procedures (SOP), manufacturing plant operations and technologies (i.e. Ultra-High Temperature: UHT).
• Working understanding of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HAACP) guidelines and policies, and the ability to write HACCP plans.
• Strong problem analysis and root cause problem solving skills.
• Ability to learn and perform analytical testing (micro, salt, pH, Aw, etc).
• Ability to work overtime, weekends and varied hours on a rotating basis
• Proficiency (solid to intermediate) in computer applications and systems including Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and/or the ability to learn project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio).
• Effective interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
• Effective influence and persuasion skills.
• Effective verbal and written communications and oral presentation skills. Proficient in verbal/written English.
• Good time management, priority setting, attention to detail and follow through skills and abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to manage high workload across multiple disciplines.
• Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision and to use good judgment in getting/clarifying priorities/direction.
• Ability to travel if needed between all Columbus facilities, with occasional additional business travel.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072