Project Manager – IT PMO
Posting ID: JP-002664583
As a Project Manager for the IT PMO, you'll work with various stakeholders at different levels of the organization to manage projects, monitor operations, and improve transparency. You’ll work to ensure collaboration, communication, visibility, and successful delivery of complex projects
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Manage complex projects on time and to enterprise specifications
- Creates and executes project plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Drive project-related change management, as needed, for project stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders to define project goals and charter.
- Apply project management tools/techniques.
- Proactively identify problems on projects or plans. Seek input from appropriate stakeholders.
- Question proposed solutions until you understand the actual problem that needs to be solved. Develop creative and practical solutions based on the evaluation of multiple factors.
- Deliver value by leading project teams and by driving effective collaboration with team members, stakeholders, and other Project Managers.
- Anticipate the needs, risks, and challenges of projects.
- Strong project management skills in Waterfall, Hybrid, and Agile methodologies
- Outstanding knowledge of project artifacts and deliverables
- Exceptional process and analytical capabilities
- Ability to drive project and keep up project momentum, resulting in timely project delivery
- Ability to lead and facilitate Enterprise meetings
- Effective communicator reporting accurate information in a clear and concise manner to Executive level audiences
- Works well with ambiguity and drives participants towards the well-defined path of tasks and deliverables
- Anticipates potential risks to project schedule prior to becoming an issue and pursues mitigation
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of parallel initiatives
- Works well in a matrix environment and experience with partnering via virtual teams
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to build and foster internal relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines or unexpected changes in strategy
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has five or more years of project management experience within a formal PMO
- PMP Certification or other formal project management training required (college equivalents, company training\programs, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills: Resilience, sense of urgency, calm under pressure, persistence, influencing skills, interpersonal skills, ownership/accountability, managerial courage
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation & influencing skills
- Strong experience planning for and managing projects of all shapes, sizes, complexity
- Skilled in identifying dependencies, requirements gathering, project planning, and risk management
- Excellent project management skills and ability to communicate project management methodology
- Prioritization & Stakeholder Management
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced international environment
- Ability to work with multiple business stakeholders, effectively manage their expectations and establish priorities
- Skilled in managing deadlines, communication of timelines, assessment of resources, organizational skills
- Natural acuity for identifying and communicating risks to appropriate stakeholders
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills
- Experienced with partnering via virtual teams
- Pacific Time Zone is highly preferred
Flexibility in daily working hours is key as stakeholders are located Internationally.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072