Consulting Systems Engineer - Southern CA
World Wide Technology
Posted Tuesday, December 6, 2022
Posting ID: 5000908911706
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 6,000 individuals and closed nearly $15 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the 11th consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Consulting Systems Engineer to join our Global Enterprise Sales team.
Why should you join Global Enterprise Sales?
As a Consulting Systems Engineer (CSE), you will be partnering with Client Managers to provide the technical Pre-Sales work for our Fortune 500 customers across all verticals. No two days will be the same as our broad offerings include Infrastructure Modernization, Multicloud Architecture, Security Transformation and Digital Strategy among others. With our Advanced Technology Center (https://www.wwt.com/atc) at your fingertips for briefings, training, workshops, demos and POC's you'll be delivering best in class results for your customers.
What will you be doing?
The Consulting Systems Engineer (CSE) role will bring technical Pre-Sales experience to our customers within the local market. Day to day responsibilities will include participation in customer sales meetings, presentations, white board sessions and custom technical design work. The CSE will team with local Client Managers to build customer relationships, partner with multiple OEM's and take part in technical training to provide continued value to the customers. Technical expertise expansion is highly encouraged as you look to learn about new areas of interest and be on the forefront of cutting edge technologies. This position will require the ability to travel up to 25%.
- Technical Pre-Sales systems engineering
- Serve as the technical liaison to all supported clients
- Assist in developing Statements of Work, Proof of Concepts and Bill of Materials
- Network design and architecture
- Attend business appointments with Account teams
- Estimate labor hours for Professional Services work
- Candidates must live in Southern California.
- 2+ years of Pre-Sales experience.
- Experience supporting enterprise network environments, ideally at larger Enterprise companies
- 8+ Years of cyber security experience in the following areas:
- Expertise in the Palo Alto portfolio, including NGFW, Prisma Cloud and Prisma Access, vPANs, GlobalProtect, and Expedition
- Expertise with NGFWs (Palo Alto, Cisco, Fortinet, Check Point)
- Knowledge of DLP solutions
- Knowledge of SASE / SSE Solutions
- Knowledge of enteprise segmentation architectures
- knowledge of SEIM solutions
- Knowledge of various security visibility tools, such as ExtraHop, Gigamon, ThousandEyes, AppDynamics, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with cloud security architectures
- PCNSE certification highly desired
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, product demonstration skills, customer service skills, and presentation skills are required.
- Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent experience required
- Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.
Want to learn more about Global Enterprise Sales? Check out the Solutions and Services we provide on the platform: https://wwt.com
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled
Job Number: #22-2357
Posting Locations:Los Angeles, California
San Diego, California
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072