Posting ID: JP-002660941
Diagnostics company looking for a laboratory technician to join their COVID testing travel team! *Experience with qPCR or RT-PCR is required*
The Testing Personnel are responsible for performing clinical laboratory testing (primarily qPCR) in an accurate and timely manner to assure quality patient services and compliance with good laboratory practice and all applicable regulations.
• Must follow all laboratory procedures and policies
• Process specimens, perform test procedures, and generate reports
• Maintain records and logs
• Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance and consult with the Supervisor or Director for corrective actions
• Identify when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications and consult with the Supervisor or Director for corrective actions
• Perform and document all corrective actions as assigned
• Ensure that reports are generated only when the system is functioning properly
• Perform equipment maintenance procedures as assigned
• Assist in quality control/improvement activities
• Assist in the training and orientation of other testing personnel
• Complete and document (type of training, person performing the training, and the time spent on training) all mandatory trainings, including annual safety training
• Complete and document (type of training, person performing the training, and the time spent on training) continuing education activities applicable to work, such as
• In service training
• Training performed by technical representatives
• Articles read
• Training obtained outside the laboratory
Lab Technician, CLIA, Q-PCR, Real Time PCR, MLT, Medical Laboratory Technician, LIMS , Liquid handling, PCR, Diagnostic Testing, DNA, Biology, Specimen Processing
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072