Posting ID: JP-002663804
Desktop Support role, 100% onsite. Client has safeguards in place to provide a safe, COVID free, socially distanced work environment. A health app is required to get on campus. Primary responsibility is working on a Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade project, including data migration. There are approximately 1,000 PC’s that need to be upgraded. Client has a scripted process to follow. Secondary responsibilities include helping with an ongoing hardware refresh project, technical support, setting up and deploying new laptops for new users, systems changes, Office 365, printer/scanner, phone support.
In general, the candidate will be part of an eight-person desktop support team. Client has a small helpdesk team. If they can’t resolve an issue, the issue will get escalated to the desktop team. Its imperative candidates have excellent communication skills and a track record for providing a high level of customer service.
Things to know:
• Environment includes HP PC’s and laptops, MacBook’s and iMac’s, printers, tablets
• 2,500 machines in total; half are PC's and half Mac's
• 625 machines get refreshed every year so imaging and deployments are a constant part of the job
• Client uses Intune and JAMF for imaging, but any tool experience is acceptable
• Standard support issues include network printer not printing, scanner not working, Outlook keeps crashing, can’t open documents, network connection issues, application issues, spyware detection and removal.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Must be a people person
Must have good communication skills
Must be reliable
Must be a team player
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072