Posting ID: JP-002338314
- Responsible for accomplishing assigned inspection work on space flight system hardware, assemblies and vehicles.
- Conducts inspections utilizing a variety of NDT methods which may include but are not limited to ultrasonic, penetrant, x-ray, eddy-current, and thermal/infrared and laser shearography.
- Properly utilize NDT test equipment and associated tools to successfully interrogate hardware and structures, make decisions as to their acceptability for continued use and keep abreast of new and advanced test equipment.
- Operate manual and automated NDT equipment.
- Shall be required to document inspection results in both paper and electronic forms as well as complete and sign work records in connection with work performed.
- Inspects parts, sub-assemblies and completed assemblies to the extent necessary to determine, accomplish and approve acceptability in accordance with written procedures.
- Will be required to, but not limited to be working on check aircraft.
- Assist with development of procedures and techniques for non-destructive testing of metallic and composite structures.
- Support training of other NDT personnel using hands-on knowledge from the vehicles via different mediums as appropriate.
- Pay: 30-50 / HR Depending on relevant experience
- Contract: 6-9 months with the possibility of coming on as a direct employee
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have successfully completed minimum training requirements defined in NAS 410, ATA 105, or ASNT-SNT-TC-1A for a Level 2 inspector in UT and PT. Training in other NDT methods is desirable.
- Must have recent, documented hours, working as a NDT inspector and have obtained sufficient experience to be certified in accordance with NAS 410, ATA 105, or ASNT-SNT-TC-1A.
- Must have strong working knowledge of composite aircraft and/or aerospace non-destructive testing processes in composite material.
- Ability to conduct inspections with limited supervision.
- Minimum 5 years aviation/aerospace industry experience desired.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Richard Zimmerman
Phone: (818) 672-0820