Posting ID: JP-002664211
Seeking a first-rate Composite Structures Manufacturing Engineer with experience in composite aircraft production. The primary task will be to help establish the manufacturing process flow and documentation for the fabrication and assembly of composites structure in an effort to set up production operations for the Production Team. The manufacturing engineer in this position will help define what production equipment, tools, systems, and materials will be required in order to create an efficient, organized, and lean factory. After production operations begin, the engineer will assist overseeing much of the composite fabrication and assembly and work on process improvement and production optimization using lean processes and tools.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes on factory floor.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Writes manufacturing work instructions.
Top Skills Details:
Process Development, Composite Manufacturing, Aerospace
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a concentration in a relevant Engineering discipline preferred, or 7+ years’ experience in lieu of formal education.
- Experience with aircraft composites fabrication and assembly required.
- FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant license (A&P License) a plus.
- Experience with aircraft systems integration, installation, and assembly a plus.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing philosophies and tools.
- Excellent computer skills, word, excel, MS Project and Powerpoint.
- CAD experience (CATIA V5 preferred).
- GD&T skills through experience and/or formal training.
- Knowledge and experience with AS9100 a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing based ERP systems a plus.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072