Posting ID: JP-002660934
Pharmaceutical company in Northridge looking for a chemist to join their Quality Control team!
**open to recent BS graduates who are eager to expand their instrumentation skills**
The Quality Control group supports manufacturing operations at the site. The facility manufactures two pharmaceutical products - a transdermal patch and an aerosol inhalant. The QC team supports testing of raw material, in-process, and finished product testing. You will provide direct analytical activities related to finished product and NPI testing. Maintain accurate documentation and a laboratory environment consistent with laboratory key safe behaviors, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Documentation Practice (GDP).
The role will be responsible for but not limited to the following specific duties:
* Prepare sample solutions, standards, and reagents.
* Perform wet chemical and instrumental analysis, including Near IR, FTIR, HPLC, UV Spectrophotometer, and Gas Chromatography.
* Analyze raw materials using USP/NF/ EP testing methods.
* Analyze in-process and finished products using analytical chemistry methods.
* Assist with equipment qualification and with method crossover.
* Review data for acceptance criteria against specification ranges and report results in LIMS and to laboratory management.
* Assist with laboratory investigations
chemistry, HPLC, GC
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree in Scientific discipline (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, etc.)
Experience working within a laboratory environment (industry or academic)
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072