Posting ID: JP-002100148
Looking for an Estimator in Ontario, CA.
• Lead multiple projects simultaneously through the pre-construction phase from conceptual to contract.
• Develop conceptual Cost Models to assist owners and architects with preliminary planning.
• Develop accurate detailed estimates, including self-perform work, independently.
• Lead constructability reviews with project team including internal resources, owner and design team.
• Evaluate and maintain historical cost database(s.)
• Prepare preliminary estimates and studies during pre-construction, monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
• Lead value engineering process by coordinating ideas from entire project team. Provide and manage ideas with full team and ensure implementation into design.
• Implement best value process to evaluate VE ideas.
• Participate in the preparation of construction schedule for estimating purposes; request and discuss staffing requirements, and logistics plan with Construction Manager or Project Manager.
• Prepare General Conditions estimate and review with Director of Pre-construction Services, Division Manager, Construction Manager and Project Manager assigned to the project.
• Effectively negotiate for win-win outcomes.
• Actively participate in presentation, interview & proposal preparation
• Support Business Development in proposal presentations, aid in building client and Architect/Engineer relationships.
• Review and advise on assigned estimates prepared by other assigned estimators. Maintain current estimating records, studies, unit prices, etc.
• Coordinate with Operations during the buyout process.
• Assist Project Managers in evaluating and analyzing subcontractor proposals.
• Perform trade scope review and identifying potential risks.
• Manage design build projects to align scope with budget. Management of internal resources, design team and clients integral to the process.
• Ability to manage project teams including internal resources, design teams and client.
• Four year college degree in engineering, construction management, architecture or similar.
• Minimum of eight years of vertical commercial building estimating experience.
• Experience in Healthcare, higher education, Tenant Improvement, office, multi-family, life science
• Operations and field experience a large plus.
• Excellent computer skills, knowledge of On-Screen Take Off, Bluebeam, Sage and Proficiency in MS office suite. BIM experience a plus
• Extensive knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparations, including quantity survey procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid closing procedures.
• Ability to build an estimate without detailed plans and specifications.
• Ability to identify competitors and understand current local market conditions.
• Ability to identify risks associated with contract and project documents.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to build a relationship with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors that lead to positive outcomes.
Excellent team player and ability to manage and mentorOntario
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072