Posting ID: JP-002484669
Hiring entry level purchasing assistant that will be trained to become buyers
Work hours: Monday-Friday
Location Ontario, CA
- Reviewing issues with co-packers and carriers via email and phone
- Confirm purchase orders from vendors
- Run Microsoft Excel reports
- Experience with Pivot table and V-look ups
- Purchase perishables, produce, spices, and meats
- Assist buyers with daily task and support
- Forecasting, sourcing, and purchasing
- Communicate about shortages and invoices not matching
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Ensure data entered in tracking web site is accurate and complete
- Get orders for movement and contacting the freight carriers and pick up of ingredients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years of recent work history in an purchasing assistant/administrative assistant
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex department, maintain relevant information, and interpret policies and guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment on multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skill
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072