Posting ID: JP-002663689
The Quality Control Engineer 2 plans and directs activities for the development, application and maintenance of the company quality system.
- Review engineering change orders and random audits of the quality system.
- Analyzes and effectively resolves manufacturing and assembly related problems.
- Performs research and supervises purchase of inspection equipment.
- Design individual parts (inspection aid) and assemblies (inspection fixture) as needed or indicated by others.
- Reports review and audit findings as required.
- Create complete detail drawings, using accepted drafting symbols and conventions.
- Create the inspection control for most process methods to ensure control of design requirements.
- Utilizes all department software.
- Performs random audit of work instructions and test procedures. Initiates cause and corrective action and reports the results.
- Analyzes cause and corrective action activities exposed through audits and reviews accomplished.
- Employees are expected to follow instructions, procedures and to escalate any issue impacting workflow, quality, etc. Additionally, there are high value items that require proper care and protection.
Inspection, gd&t, First Article, blueprint reading, geometric dimensioning, geometric tolerancing, mechanical engineering, quality inspection, quality control, quality engineering, quality system
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- SolidWorks proficiency (for fixture design and other related tasks).
- Understanding of GD&T.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Experience with fixture design.
- Exposure / familiarity with first article inspection.
- Experience writing work instructions (preferred).
- CMM experience (preferred).
- CNC machining experience (preferred).
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- 1-5 years of related experience.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072