Posting ID: JP-002484670
Process customer orders and coordinate daily outbound and inbound shipments as needed. Communicate daily – internally with warehouse
and production, and externally with customers and carriers.
Essential Duties/Functions Essential Duties
- Process and enter customer orders
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner, including status reports and RFQs as requested
- Coordinate requests for SDS, standards and misc. formula adjustments
- Maintain customer related stock items and evaluate consignment for restocking
- Process daily invoicing, including consignment billing, back orders and returns
- Schedule carrier pick-ups and customer returns as needed
- Receive and process all inbound materials into the ERP system
- Track shipments, prepare daily shipping documents (Pull Sheet, Packing Slip, BOL, customs docs, update weight per gallon for items shipping out)
- Prepare outgoing FedEx shipments, including dangerous goods
- Get rate quotes for every LTL shipment sent out
- Assist in physical inventory tasks as assigned
- Resolves discrepancies with accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate shipments
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills – both internal and external
- Ability to work and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Computer literate.
- MS Excel skills are preferred
- Good problem solver to address freight issues and delays, damages etc.
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining and tactful and professional demeanor
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072