Maintenance Technician D Shift
Posting ID: JP-002055901
The Maintenance Technician will support operations in Poway.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing required routine preventative maintenance and repairs, as well as installations and
alterations on company equipment, machinery, and fixtures, including electrical systems per the guidelines and
Responsibilities also include regular inspection of facilities, performing needed repairs and installations where necessary.
Electrical, Maintenance technician, Mechanical, Repair, Troubleshooting, Schematic, automation, mechanical maintenance, Industrial, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Preventive maintenance
Top Skills Details:
1. Starts machine(s) and observe mechanical operations to determine efficiency, as well as identify defects,
malfunctions, and other machine damages.
2. Sets up and operates machine(s); adjusting controls that regulate operational functions to ensure
conformance to required specifications.
3. Dismantles machine(s), removes machine parts, and reassembles machine(s) utilizing hand tools, chain
falls, jack, and/or hoist.
4. Cleans machine(s) and machine parts, using cleaning solvent, cloth, air gun, hose, vacuum, or other
5. Collects and discards worn machine parts and other waste to maintain a clean and organized work area,
as well as adhering to health and safety standards.
6. Performs inventory and requisitions machine parts, equipment, and other supplies to replenish and
maintain adequate stock on hand.
7. Records and maintains production, repair, and machine maintenance information
8. Measures, mixes, prepares and tests chemical solution(s) used to clean or repair machinery and
equipment, according to product specifications.
9. Reviews work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment that require repair or
10. Inspects or tests damaged machine parts, marks defective area(s) or advises supervisor of need for repair.
11. Performs electrical installation, maintenance and repair work on high and low voltage; and electrical
12. Locates and repairs defects in electrical systems that involve the performance of difficult electrical task(s).
13. Estimates supplies and materials needed and place order requests.
14. Inspects facilities and installations, recommending alterations or revisions where necessary.
15. Tests wiring connections with test equipment (i.e., volt/ohmmeters).
16. Installs and maintains the electronic controls for all machine(s).
17. Advises management on whether continued operation of equipment may be hazardous, and when
necessary, install new electrical equipment.
18. Performs necessary repairs when breakdowns occur as quickly as possible in order to minimize downtime.
19. Replaces items such as circuit breakers, fuses, switches, electrical and electronic components, or wires
20. Maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s management and end
21. All other duties and accountabilities, not listed above, as assigned.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Effectively use a variety of hand and power tools;
Ability to read blueprints;
repair defects in electrical systems.
Ability to follow established electrical and maintenance best practices
Awareness of potential hazards and precautionary measures used specific to the electrical trade.
maintain detailed work logs
Will train on First shift for a few months 8:00am- 4:00pm Monday-Friday
Once training is complete, this job will move to a D shift
D shift = 6:00pm - 6:00am
alternating days (on 2 days off 2 days then on 3 days and off 2 days, etc.) Overtime will be paid after 8 hours in a day. Must be able to work the 12 hour shifts and weekends (no exceptions).
OT = 1.5x pay
Proven analytical, evaluative, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
find/resolve root causes.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072