EDD Claims Processing (100% Remote!) (MUST Reside In California!)
Posting ID: JP-002660494
The Fact-Finding – Employer Protests Agent is responsible for reviewing unemployment insurance claims with outstanding Employer Protest issues to determine next steps required to resolve those issues. Using critical thinking skills, the Agent will analyze all information, notes, and documentation to identify gaps or discrepancies in information. They will then perform outreach to claimants and/or employers to obtain the necessary information, notate that in the claim file, and forward detailed notes as required to resolve the issue.
The position requires using time management to work a caseload effectively and in order of priority set by leadership, critical thinking skills to identify the needs on each unique claim, and communication skills ensuring that information gathered is clearly notated in the claim.
Agents will perform job duties such as:
• Analyzing claim information to identify discrepancies or missing information
• Assessing the information against requirements based on UI Code, Policies, and Procedures
• Sending employers standard forms to obtain additional information or clear up a discrepancy
• Working closely with subject matter experts to gain further understanding of how to address outstanding issues or identify when a claim needs to be escalated
• Referring more complex issues to supervisor or tenured staff
• Notating all actions taken on a claim clearly and thoroughly
• Demonstrating the ability to make logical decisions
• Demonstrating the ability to manage a workload in a way that meets timeliness requirements
• All other duties as assigned by management to support claim processing
This position will work full-time, Remote, Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm Pacific Time.
Experience & Qualifications
• 0-1 years’ experience in claim or case management
• Proficient technical writing skills to support detailed case notes
• Critical thinking & time management skills
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Riddhi Mehta