Posting ID: JP-002178363
- Installs or assists in the installation and/or construction of bulkheads, ceiling panels, doors and trim, windows, rails, hardware and any other related construction activities assigned by Supervisor.
- Installs or assists in the installation of insulation of compartment floors, ceilings or interior/exterior walls.
- Uses tools and equipment in an efficient and safe manner for daily activities.
- Installs or assists in caulking to windows, doors, wash basins and toilet and shower modules.
- Installs or assists in the installation of adhesives, tiles and carpeting of compartments.
- Reviews compartment blueprints and sketch system to assist in construction.
- May install or assist in electrical work such as: sizing, strapping and pulling of cable, installation and hook-ups on all lights, switches, equipment and power panels as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Preferably candidates with shipyard experience installing bulkheads, ceilings, doors, windows, stairs, and furniture in various types of vessels or other marine structures, but will take candidates with similar experience in commercial/residential construction industry
- Candidates with sheet metal experience ideal for this position
- Ideal candidates will have experience working on unfinished structures
- Candidates must be mechanically inclined
- Candidates must be able to read and interpret documents and instructions
Recruiter: Epps, Evan