Senior Engineering Technician
Posting ID: JP-002039192
Day-to-day Responsibilities include:
● Build HIL benches with an emphasis on standardization (wire colors, connectors) and
safety (like E-stop, correct wire gauge, circuit protection fuse).
● Maintain tools and equipment for the lab and team.
● Produce and develop detailed documentation for all test and maintenance procedures
and team processes
● Ability to run version controlled test scripts or software
● Design, build, and set up equipment and test fixtures; prepare and conduct tests;
operate and maintain equipment used for testing, for both engineering and AV use
● Electrical support - harness and cable builds, debugging, and PCB board rework
● Observe all safety standards and maintain a secure, safe, clean and healthy work
● Follow operating instructions, use protective
Pcb, Troubleshooting, wire harness, wire harnessing, Oscilloscope, Electrical, electro mechanical
Top Skills Details:
Someone who understands components, designs and creates it – more engineering focused
Hardware components at a PCB board level (component level)
Power side and data side
• Interacting with firmware
• Data acquisition: national instruments (i.e. DAK equipment – material handling systems)
- Job titles: Sr. Engineering Technician, sometimes hands-on electrical engineers, trade school engineering degree could work
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
● 6+ years technical experience in electro-mechanical, computer, automotive, marine
electronics, robotics, aerospace, or similar industry/industries
● Ability to proficiently read and interpret test instructions, mechanical drawings, electrical
schematics, and network diagrams
● Knowledge in use of standard electronics lab tools including multimeters, oscilloscopes,
AC/DC power supplies and electronic loads, etc.
● Knowledge of different types of electrical outlets and different plug configurations.
● Electrical troubleshooting and board debug experience.
● Working knowledge of Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
● Ability to work in a cooperative, rapidly changing team setting with aggressive goals and
● Strong work ethic, quality workmanship, and team oriented
● Current driver's license with a good standing driver record
Nice to Haves
● Experience and/or knowledge with any of the following: Labview, GitHub, MATLAB,
Python, C++, ROS, JIRA, and/or Confluence experience
● Skilled in CAD and prototype part design (SolidWorks or similar)
● Understanding of in-vehicle communication protocols like CAN/LIN or ethernet
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Taylor Nash