AVTO - AV Test Operator
Posting ID: JP-002068911
AV Test Operator
About the role:
Would you like to work with ground-breaking technology? Are you as comfortable behind the wheel as you are with a computer? As an AV Test Operator, you will help us test and improve the performance of our driverless cars. You will tackle hard problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications. You should have strong attention to detail, basic technical skills, and an excellent driving record. Integrity, good judgment, and the ability to work in a team environment are required at all times. You will be expected to keep certain project details confidential.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Work in teams, alternating (i) driving (some manual driving but primarily monitoring the vehicle's behavior in autonomous mode and taking over when necessary) and (ii) software monitoring and logging responsibilities and providing verbal feedback/directions about the AVs environment.
* Complete timely and detailed ride reports for our operations and engineering teams
* Participate in the ongoing training of new AV Test Operators
* Test other aspects of our robot cars
* Perform ad hoc projects as needed
* Licensed to drive a motor vehicle in the U.S. for the three years immediately preceding your application and currently hold an active California Basic Class C driver's license or license encompassing Class C vehicles.
* No more than one point on driving record and excellent driving skills
* Must submit to screen
* Ability to drive and/or spend time sitting in a car for 6-8 hours/day
* Ability to give and receive clear, prompt, understandable verbal and written communication
* Ability to accurately type and read on a laptop in a moving vehicle
* Ability to safely operate the vehicle in accordance with Cruise safety protocols and applicable law. This includes, but is not limited to, having a sufficient range of motion to turn a steering wheel, safely operating the accelerator and brake, checking blind spots and evaluating the environment, and maintaining appropriate air bag clearance.
* Ability to tolerate physical jolts and high speed starts, stops, turns, and maneuvers associated with driving or taking control of the autonomous vehicle in both training and daily job functions
* Ability to perform physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operational tasks
* Ability to work effectively and professionally in a stressful environment, including interactions with the public
* Ability to remain alert and extremely focused for two-hour uninterrupted blocks of time
* Ability to walk up and down flights of stairs
* Ability to satisfy the legal requirements to become an AV Test Operator (13 CCR 227.34)
* 40 hours per week, five consecutive days, 8-hour shifts
* Multiple shift times available
* You may be required to work nights and/or weekends
quality assurance, safety, driving, data collection, data entry, Content Review
Top Skills Details:
Typing, Quality Assurance , Data Collection, Driving
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Typing Ability - 25WPM minimum
Clean Drivers' Record - no more than1 point on current drivers' license
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Cheung, Henry