Embedded Software Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002107193
Key Responsibilities Would Include
• To develop creative solutions to the complex problems of new product development.
• Work with cross functional teams to deliver detailed board-level and system-level diagnostic specifications.
• Use those specifications to design and develop diagnostic suite and/or boot code for board bring-up, functional and manufacturing tests.
Top Skills Details:
• Minimum of 8 years industry experience as a software developer, with at least 3 years of those developing diagnostic or embedded software for network communication products (preferably low level diagnostic).
• Experience with the component devices used in network communication products, such as L2/L3 switches, GE/10GE PHYs, Intel Processors, DDR-SDRAM, FPGA/CPLD, SerDes and Framers.
• Detailed knowledge about the communication buses and interfaces used in networking products, such as MDIO, I2C, SPI, PCIe, CAUI-4/10, etc.
• Experience with developing diagnostic or embedded software for network communication systems using C++ or C.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
• Engagement with source code control environments such as GIT, Perforce, Clearcase, etc.
• Exposure to board boot code development (u-boot, etc.).
• Experience with integration of 3rd party SDK and libraries into product application.
• Detailed knowledge about networking and communication protocols, such as SONET/SDH, OTN, Ethernet, TCP/IP, etc.
• Experience with the formal and best practices for the software engineering process, including documentation, modeling, design, development and QA. A track-record of developing the appropriate products on time and with required levels of quality and performance.
• Experience with complex ASIC and board bring-up, boot code, RTOS BSP, device driver and embedded software programming.
• Experience with debug and test tools such as JTAG, ICE, BDI2000/3000, oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with teamwork and self-motivated attitude
• BSCS, BSCE or equivalent experience.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Torretto, Kira