Pharmacy Technician (Entry Level, Non-Retail)
Posting ID: JP-002180038
Non-traditional, non-retail pharmacy in San Mateo. This company has a Women’s Health focus. This role does not have a lot of patient interaction.
- Under direct pharmacist’s supervision, prepares, fills, and labels medication for pharmacists. No pill counting or compounding involved. Mainly labeling and packaging. Approx. 850 fills per shift.
- High volume, mail order filling of birth control products.
- Process prescriptions on pharmacy software (EPS)
- Manages pharmacy inventory
- Work with insurance companies on prescription claims issues
- Interact with patients to answer questions and provide prescription status by text and email
- Communicates with Prescribing and Medical teams to ensure patients have access to their birth control at the best possible price and in a timely manner.
- Weekends are required for this role (see schedule below)
prescription refill, insurance, labeling, packaging, cpht, externship
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Current PTCB Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Current CA State Board of Pharmacy Registration is required
- Candidates with recent externship experience are welcome. Experience working in a retail or mail order Pharmacy is a plus. 1 year of experience as a community-based pharmacy technician is a plus.
- Must be able to carry up to 25 pounds, and have ability to mechanically manipulate with hands labels, pills, prescription supplies, etc.
- Passionate about patient care
- Organized, detail-oriented, efficient in staying on top of tasks that come up
- Strong work ethic, strong written and verbal communication
- Team player, problem solver
- The training process (2 weeks) will be Monday-Friday 6:30AM-3PM
- Weekends are a requirement for this role- Saturday & Sunday 7AM -3:30PM
- The week day schedule will be Monday – Friday 8:30AM-5PM. The company is flexible on the 2 days Monday-Friday that the contractor can take off ( on a first come first served basis)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Taniko Jackson-Martinez