Software QA Technician
Posting ID: JP-002660185
Seeking a Software QA Technician that will primarily work with the software QA engineering team to fully qualify and test printer software. The candidate will be responsible for software testing (QA), executing test plans, running test cases, running test procedures and helping to write and run test scripts for various types of testing such as functional, GUI, integration, regression, data validation, and overall system integration. They will also be required to manage defect reporting and software releases. This is a hands on role with the majority of time spent on the printers. Candidate must be a self-starter, team player, able to change priorities quickly and have excellent communications skills.
• Assist software QA team and SW development team by testing application software and hardware level software/firmware that runs on embedded systems
• Responsible for using software testing methodologies to insure timely introduction of quality software
• Interface with software QA engineers that work with mechanical, software, chemical, optical and other disciplines to understand the technology and determine root cause of problems
• Perform regression testing on different builds and help software QA maintain the software defect tracking database
• Help maintain the printer fleet status.
• Experience testing application software and embedded software that drives hardware controls is a plus
• Experience at the hardware level with some understanding of testing hardware vs software.
• Experience with GUI testing tools a plus
• Experience using automated testing tools a plus
• Experience using software bug tracking tools a plus
• Experience using software configuration management systems a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• High School diploma or equivalent GED
• Should have a very hands-on approach to testing software and the systems
• Ability to work with teams and comfortable working directly with variety of engineers and managers
• Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and general PC software skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced, self-directed environment
• Attention to detail, organized, ability to multi-task, and thorough in completing tasks
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072