Entry Level Lab Technician
Posting ID: JP-002661973
A leading genetic testing and molecular technology company is looking to hire PCR Clinical Lab Technician to support research and development projects.
- Determines the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Identify, prioritize, and prepare all clinical samples while ensuring viability and sample integrity throughout the test process
- Maintains inventory and organization of specimen samples in the freezer
- Prepares and label tubes according to established protocols
- Prepare clinical samples for testing and identify sample related issues
- Accession samples and enter data into the laboratory information system
- Monitor and maintain consumable inventory including reagents and supplies for each of the laboratory work stations.
- Performs general laboratory, equipment, and benchtop clean-up
- Prepare logs or other documents for routine testing or special assignments
- Adhere to quality control guidelines to ensure integrity of laboratory specimens
- Provide assistance to licensed CLS personnel who are performing test protocols using established procedures.
- Provides laboratory support in the daily maintenance and surface decontamination of general laboratory equipment.
- At all levels, proficient and able to perform multiple tasks to assist performing CLSs over the course of a day
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
BS degree in Biological Science, Chemistry, or other related science with minimum requirements for Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics coursework met.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Manpreet Dhoot