Data Center Operator
World Wide Technology
Posted Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Posting ID: 5000909177106
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 8,000 individuals and closed nearly $16 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the eleventh consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Data Center Operator to join our Government Services team within Public Sector.
Why should you join the Government Services Public Sector team?
World Wide Technology has opportunities for Data Center Operators to join our Government Services Public Sector Team supporting an extremely large Navy program. The mission of this program is to build a Navy Enterprise Network (NEN) laboratory from the ground up including all stages of design, modification, and service delivery. In this role, you will provide enhanced technical support to the warfighter as well as bring innovative change and value add to the entire Department of the Navy!
Want to learn more about our Public Sector team? Check us out on our platform: <<https://www.wwt.com/public-sector>>
What will you be doing?
The Data Center Operator will rack and stack, cable, install, configure, and troubleshoot data center devices and services to ensure availability of, and access to, all services provided by the NEN Laboratory environments. You will work in a fast paced, time critical environment supporting the innovative changes and upgrades that will improve the operational capability of our nation’s Navy and Marine Corps. Your goal will be to ensure that the technology infrastructure supporting NEN Labs run smoothly and efficiently.
- Assist with shipping and receiving of hardware.
- Rack/stack hardware and install/test cabling (copper and fiber) following industry best-practices.
- Perform basic configuration and troubleshooting for servers (physical and virtual), network components (routers and switches), and cybersecurity devices (firewalls, IPS, VPNs).
- Provide smart-hands support to engineers utilizing lab resources when requested.
- Install and configure operating system images and applications on end-user devices interacting with NEN Lab services (laptops, desktops, and other peripherals).
- Plan, document, and track all maintenance and new installation activities in compliance with asset management and configuration management requirements.
- Create and configure user/admin accounts for access to the lab environment.
- Create, update, and resolve tickets in a Jira ticketing system.
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Secret Security Clearance required.
- Must possess a DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II baseline certification (Security+ or similar).
- Must possess a Computing Environment/Operating System (CE/OS) Certification (e.g. Microsoft Technology Associate [MTA])
- Experience with data center operations.
- 2 years of experience with Windows 10, Linux, and Windows Server operating systems.
- Experience with virtual infrastructure (VMware), including virtual machine creation and maintenance
- Familiarity with basic router/switch, firewall, and security appliance configurations.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT – it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Health, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently abled
Job Number: #22-2366
Posting Locations:San Diego, California
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072