Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Posting ID: JP-002664856
Each individual performs only those waived, moderate, or highly complex tests authorized by CLIA, Bus. & Prof. Code Section 1204, and must possess a degree of skill commensurate with individual's education, training or experience and technical abilities. Each individual performing the above procedures must:
- Adhere to the laboratory's procedures for the collection, processing, analysis, and reporting of patient test results.
- Follow the laboratory's established quality control policies and procedures in documenting all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and either correct the problem or immediately notify your immediate supervisor, Director, or Medical Director.
- Perform a wide variety of laboratory procedures requiring independent judgment using both manual and automated methods in Hematology, Blood Bank, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Microbiology, Immunology, and any other discipline as introduced into the laboratory.
- Perform and document maintenance; daily, weekly, monthly, or as needed on instruments and equipment as appropriate.
- Review the accuracy of patient results prior to releasing or reporting.
- Recognize age specific differences in expected results for newborns to geriatrics.
- Ensure that the testing of proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples and that collaboration with other laboratories is prohibited prior to the reporting of proficiency testing results to the appropriate agencies.
- May be required to perform venipuncture or capillary puncture on various age groups from newborn to geriatrics.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of laboratory policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all department and hospital policies and procedures related to safety, infection control, emergency preparedness, and human resources.
- In the absence of a supervisor, may be assigned/identified as Lead Tech, having responsibility for the section or department during their shift.
- May be assigned responsibilities related to LIS and/or POC.
- Other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned by the department manager/director.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- ASCP certification, or equivalent required.
- Minimum two years of hospital laboratory work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical, biological science, or Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited institution, or other educational requirements as stated in CLIA (42 CFR 493.1489).
- Current and Valid State License if the laboratory is located in a state where required.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072