Posting ID: JP-002347716
- Must be able to work independently and read blueprints.
- Proven proficiency at the fabrication, repair, installation and testing of marine piping systems using blueprints for guidance.
- Installs and maintains ships' piping systems such as steam heat and power, hot water, hydraulic, air pressure, and oil lines following blueprints, layouts and work orders and using hand tools and shop machines.
- Plans layout of pipe sections, allowing for conformance to specifications, obstructions and holes.
- Cuts and bores holes in bulkheads and decks for installation of pipes.
- Operates shop machines to cut and thread pipe and pipe fittings including valves, traps and thermostats.
- Bends pipe to specified shape on pipe-bending fixtures.
- Bolts or welds pipe brackets to support pipe systems, connects pipes to fixtures such as heat exchangers, laundry and galley equipment, pumps and tanks and other miscellaneous ship equipment.
- Repairs, packs and adjusts valves.
- Tests installed systems for leaks and to insure that system meets specifications.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Lindsay Wondrack
Phone: (843) 972-1916