Clinical Lab Technician
Posting ID: JP-002423162
Lab Associate supporting R&D Project - PCR, DNA handling, sequencing
- Determines the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Identify, prioritize, and prepare all clinical samples while ensuring viability and sample integrity throughout the test process
- Maintains inventory and organization of specimen samples in the freezer
- Prepares and label tubes according to established protocols
- Prepare clinical samples for testing and identify sample related issues
- Accession samples and enter data into the laboratory information system
- Monitor and maintain consumable inventory including reagents and supplies for each of the laboratory work stations.
- Performs general laboratory, equipment, and benchtop clean-up
- Prepare logs or other documents for routine testing or special assignments
- Adhere to quality control guidelines to ensure integrity of laboratory specimens
- Provide assistance to licensed CLS personnel who are performing test protocols using established procedures.
- Provides laboratory support in the daily maintenance and surface decontamination of general laboratory equipment.
- At all levels, proficient and able to perform multiple tasks to assist performing CLSs over the course of a day
- At Senior and Lead level, may also train other Lab Associates and Assistants
- At Senior and Lead level, maintains positive team morale, fosters excellent teamwork, and is a role model for others to emulate.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- BS degree in Biological Science, Chemistry, or other related science with minimum requirements for Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics coursework met.
- Technician I level: 0-2 years relevant experience
- Lead Technician level: 4+ years relevant experience
As a general reminder, all technician candidates must hold a degree in a traditional “hard” science (bio, chem, biochem, cell & molecular, genetics, etc). Candidates not meeting this criteria must have their transcripts reviewed for eligibility. The below are the minimum criteria.
• 16 semester hours in chemistry courses, which include at least six semester hours in inorganic chemistry and are acceptable toward a major in chemistry;
• 16 semester hours in biology courses which are pertinent to the medical sciences and are acceptable toward a major in the biological sciences;
• 3 semester hours of mathematics.
• All above courses are required when confirming a degree.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072