Posting ID: JP-002660202
These individuals will join a research institute as Post-Award Grants Analysts. This company the premier transfusion medicine research institute in the US focused on scientific and policy advances relevant to transfusion therapy and blood product availability, with particular focus on mechanisms underlying and prevention of infectious and immunological complications of transfusions.
- Processing AP Invoices within Oracle. This involves coordination with CO Finance since there are multiple channels these invoices could come in from (purchasing, sub-contracts, direct vendor, etc.)
- Processing AR – handling payments (checks) received onsite, work with CO AR on aging, on applying received funds correctly, sending out sponsor invoices per the contract terms (including compiling back up documentation when required)
- Ad-hoc reporting/monthly reporting – this is where Cayuse implementation will help
- Tracking expenses (both independent and against budget) on a specific set of projects. This could be split according to skills (i.e., one with only industry experience or contract experience) – or by PI
- Meetings with PI’s on the budgets/spending on their projects (also another area Cayuse will help) – this is something that we don’t have inexperienced staff accountants do – but is something we want true grant managers to do/grow into.
- Help handle expense processing/reporting using Concur for travel and corporate card purchases/reconciliation. Currently, one person on this team holds a “Institute” purchasing card and would have more of this – but likely we would split this between travel being one person and non-travel being the other.
- Month-end and Year-end close process. These roles would be integral in these processes (4 days/monthly and 10 days/annually) and involve working with VRI and CO finance teams to reconcile all GL expenses against projects
3-5 years of experience as Staff Accountant or Financial Analyst
Past experience with post-award grants preferred, but not required
Interest in career in the grants field required
Excel- pivot tables, vlookups
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Junsheng Xie