Robotics Software Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002661595
- Develop software for monitoring autonomous performance, perception, robotic controls and actuation for deployment on microcontrollers, SOCs, and linux/windows machines.
- Develop user interfaces, algorithms, and communication channels for real-time performance.
- Work with various communication protocols such as serial, TCP/IP, modbus, SPI, CAN, I2C, SBUS, etc.
- Set up databases and develop nodes for populating databases from real-time data generated by sensors and users.
- Create and maintain documentation for robotic systems.
- Work within the robotics team and teams of other disciplines.
- Develop and maintain safety-critical robotic software.
Desired Qualifications – Technical:
- Both Python and C++
- Application development/controls software
- Experience working in drones or some sort of robotic system
- Candidates from robotic start ups, AV companies
- Would want someone with ROS – can be limited knowledge – they don’t use it yet
- Auxiliary experience on firmware and embedded experience -will be troubleshooting in the field
- TCP/IP is a must
- Moderate knowledge of Can/Bus
- Will be flexible on MODbus etc
- 2+ years of experience
- People with experience in industrial robotics, UAVs, autonomous vehicles, and robots that are controlled by a human is what they want. The machine is not learning itself.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072