Posting ID: JP-002664637
As a BIM Coordinator, you will be responsible for performing engineering modeling assignments in Revit and other BIM tools based on input from the structural engineering team and guidance from the Sr. personnel. The BIM Coordinator will be producing models, plans, details, and other drawings based on sketches, layouts and verbal instructions from the structural engineering team.
- Develops, modifies and reviews models, plans, details and drawings of structural engineering systems and components according to established standards and Revit modeling techniques, based on input (sketches, layouts and verbal instructions) from the structural engineering team.
- Organizes and maintains models and documents for multiple projects.
- Works closely with project team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Performs all work in a clear, complete, and accurate manner.
- Checks Revit models for clearances, potential conflicts, and relationships of the various parts to the whole and to one another.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying modeling principles for complete and accurate drawings.
- Produces drawing charts for schedules and data, making changes and adjustments as necessary with input from the structural engineering team as required.
- Implements and utilizes company Best Practices for all projects and processes.
- Actively seeks new knowledge related to structural engineering practices, principles and regulations changes.
- Participates in local professional associations or Revit/BIM user groups and attends conferences as determined by company to be appropriate.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of structural models, plans and details.
- Proficiency in Revit required, proficiency in BIM and AutoCAD preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Basic knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines preferred.
- Organized and able to handle multiple responsibilities and projects to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to learn and perform standard computer modeling functions using Revit and be able to identify and help work to resolve design conflicts.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree in Building Information Modeling or Computer Aided Drafting or Technical certification in Building Information Modeling is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Building Information Modeling or Computer Aided Drafting, with a focus in engineering, is preferred.
- Candidates who have completed Revit Structural coursework and are familiar with most drawing aids and techniques (i.e., modeling, editing, and dimensioning) are preferred.
- One to three plus years’ experience in Building information modeling of Structural systems in Revit is preferred but not required.
- LEED credential required within 12 months of employment.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072