*REMOTE* Electrical Designer
Posting ID: JP-002663531
Actalent is seeking a remote or hybrid senior electrical designer to work with a company based out of San Francisco.
A Senior Electrical Designer is responsible for creating electrical drawings using Revit and some AutoCAD as well as the design of portions of electrical systems under the direction of a more senior staff member.
- Develops, modifies and reviews Revit models of electrical systems and components including power distribution, lighting and communication systems according to established standards and Revit modeling techniques, based on input from the engineering team. Creates project drawings from the Revit model.
- Develops single line diagrams, riser diagrams and similar project documents using AutoCAD.
- Organizes and maintains Revit models and AutoCAD documents for multiple projects.
- Designs portions of projects under guidance of more senior engineers.
- Works closely with project team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Performs all work in a clear, complete, and accurate manner.
- Uses Revit to check the design for interferences with other building elements, resolves conflicts with other team members.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying modeling principles for drawings.
- Produces equipment schedules, making changes and adjustments as necessary with input from the engineering team as required.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying drafting principles for drawings.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff.
- Implements and utilizes company standards for projects and processes.
- Actively seeks new knowledge related to engineering practices, principles and regulations changes.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
electrical design, revit, load calculation, electrical, lighting calculation software, client communication, construction management, rfi
Top Skills Details:
electrical design,revit,load calculation,electrical
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical systems and equipment.
- Able to lay out electrical equipment rooms, maintaining code-required clearances.
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of plans, sections diagrams and equipment schedules, and drawings.
- Proficiency in Revit, including BIM and AutoCAD required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to perform standard computer drafting functions using Revit and AutoCAD and be able to resolve design conflicts
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate preferred.
- Five years of electrical drafting experience working on one or more of the following building types: commercial, corporate, institutional and civic, justice, science and technology, aviation or healthcare facilities.
- Experience working and coordinating with integrated teams
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment
Please apply or reach out to me at email@example.com
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072